a gentleman


a gentleman, originally uploaded by yayaempress.

Instead of sitting home yet another Sunday, I went to Union Square to check things out. Upon arriving, I felt only slightly disoriented before i found my bearings & decided to get a cup of coffee at cosi. Then I ventured back out into the cold windy day & saw people filming in the park. Others were sitting on steps in the vanishing sunshine waiting on friends and family. Others were eating or shopping or just talking on their cell phones. But when I quit paying attention to all those people & turned around, I saw these two guys sitting down to the play chess. I played with the light meter & walked around to catch them playing their game. To my surprise, the younger of the two leaned over to light the older gentleman's cigarette. Interesting moment to catch. Afterwards, the older man gave me the stink eye so I took it as my cue to leave. :)

Comments