I FORGOT THAT I LOST THIS


I FORGOT THAT I LOST THIS

Back in 2007, I possessed what I can now refer to "carefree days". You know, before kids. Back then, I did this thing. I started a photo blog. At the time, I lived in NYC and was taking photography classes at Photo Manhattan. Inspiration was all around me! Then I got pregnant. With twins. And it was a difficult pregnancy. While growing these tiny dynamic duo, I quickly forgot about said blog.

Fast forward to 2019... We now live in Shreveport, Louisiana with our now 10-year-old twin girls. Yes, I know I'm skipping over a "few" things but we'll visit the highlights as it pertains to our current life. I mean, who has time to highlight the last 12 years when life is happening RIGHT NOW?!

Right. So, that's the hubby, Chris, in the (orange) hat. Most Fridays, Chris picks up Gini and Josie from school and they enjoy a little father/daughter time at Rhino Coffee. The girls highly recommend the Iced Lightening and literally anything off their menu. Rhino is one our favorite places to go in the city. He's a visual effects artist and has a long list of movies under his belt so far.


The girls are wrapping up their 4th grade year at magnet. They're looking forward to a summer filled with sleeping in, summer camps and sleepovers with friends. At some point, they'll find their way to the Ponderosa where they'll do some fishing and driving around on the side-by-side while making memories late into the evenings. In the weeks ahead, they'll explore the paths through the pine trees on the same land where I fed cows sweet potatoes by hand, swam in cow troughs and learned to drive a 4-wheeler. I miss childhood. It was so...carefree.

Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?
In 2nd Grade, the girls became Girl Scout Brownies. We've had tons of fun with the Girl Scouts. And this year I decided to step up and co-lead their Junior troop in our multi-level group. To say that we have all grown and learned a lot would be putting it oh-so-minimally. I realize now that I always wished I could have been a Girl Scout when I was growing up. Now I get to do with my girls and we're having a blast!

I hope to continue this blog with much more regularity. I'd honestly forgotten about this one but I'm so happy to have found it again in my little corner of the web.

Gini, Chris, me and Josie at the Pine Island Boucherie 2018.



Comments